Create the best possible value for your customers.
A value chain is a set of activities that a company performs in order to deliver a valuable product or service for its customers. The concept comes from business management and was first described in 1985 by Michael Porter in his best-seller Competitive Advantage: Creating and Sustaining Superior Performance.
Why is Value Chain Analysis important?
Products pass through a chain of activities in order; at each activity, the product gains some value. This chain of activity adds more value than the simple sum of building the product alone. Value Chain Analysis allows you to process how you deliver value to your customers and to review all you can do to maximize that value.
How do you start the Value Chain Analysis?
- With your team, identify or brainstorm the activities that contribute to the delivery of your product or service.
- Identify what your customers value most in each aspect of your product and how you can further improve those things.
- Make a plan to carry out and deliver the changes required to enhance your product further.
How can RealtimeBoard help you to make a Value Chain Analysis?
- You can use RealtimeBoard ready-made and fully customizable Value Chain template.
- Try RealtimeBoard special visual, time-saving features: add sticky notes, add frames and shapes, modify colors—feel free to experiment.
- Upload documents, video and images using numerous integrations to build your Value Chain model visually.
- Give real-time access to your team to keep everybody on the same page and make collaborate seamless. All changes will be saved instantly!
Over 1,000,000 project leaders, marketers, designers,
Start collaborating now
developers and creatives trust us worldwide