Design and represent your database graphically with the Entity Relationship Diagram (ERD) template.
What is an Entity Relationship Diagram?
An entity relationship model (also called an entity relationship diagram) is a graphical representation of entities and their relationships to each other. This type of diagram is used in databases or information systems design. ERDs help you to visualize interrelationships between elements in a database and illustrate how they are involved in a system.
How do you draw ER diagrams?
- Identify all the entities in the system. An entity should appear only once in a particular diagram. Create rectangles for all entities and name them properly.
- Identify relationships between entities. Connect the relationships with lines or arrows, and add a hide in the middle to describe the relationships.
- Add meaningful names for the entities so they can be understood quickly and easily by all.
How does RealtimeBoard help you with ERD building?
- First, you tailor a ready-made ERD template to your requirements.
- Add shapes, change colors, make sticky notes, and use arrows to demonstrate relationships between entities more clearly.
- Add documents and/or images to clarify and enhance your template.
- Share diagrams with your teammates by giving them online access to collaborate productively. All changes are autosaved, so you can focus on diagramming.
Over 1,000,000 project leaders, marketers, designers,
Start collaborating now
developers and creatives trust us worldwide